Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long weekends are the best


We stayed pretty busy this weekend despite our need to rest.  Friday we had dinner with friends. Saturday we went to the Farmers Market downtown which was really great.  I had never been so I dragged Alan to it and we found some great stuff.  We went kind of late so I think there would be a better selection earlier in the morning but there is a lot of great locally grown organic food.  I got some beets that I cooked last night and are fabulous, home grown tomatoes and some homemade raspberry jam that tastes just like my grandmas.  Saturday afternoon Alan went camping with some friends while I took Bruce home to play with Duke and to see Nana! He was worn out by the time he got home on Monday.  It was great to see lots of friends and float the river in New Braunfels.  I'm looking forward to more floating trips this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment