Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Am I a good steward?

I've been thinking a lot about how great God is! I mean really amazing... I was listening to a sermon by pastor Mark Driscoll this week about stewardship and how everything we have belongs to God we are just stewards of what he has given us. He started talking about "rich" people and pretty much if you're American, you're rich! We have more at our disposal than any other country, yet we're so wasteful with what we have. How often do I find myself wanting this or that and how rediculous it is when I have already been blessed with more than I deserve. I'm learning to count my blessings instead of worrying about what I "need" or don't have, and when I say need it's probably just a want, there is definitely a big difference. When you look at where your money goes it shows you where your heart is. I think a good question to ask is, would Jesus want you to spend his money this way? Just some food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment